Terms and Conditions
Contract for the Supply of Products or Services
No contract for the supply of products or goods will be deemed to exist between you and Exitlight Ltd / skintanleather.co.uk unless, and until, an email is sent by skintanleather.co.uk to you confirming that your order has been accepted and payment has been successfully made.
This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by skintanleather.co.uk of your offer to buy goods or services from skintanleather.co.uk and this acceptance is effective regardless of whether or not you receive the e-mail.
skintanleather.co.uk are free to withdraw from a prospective contract at any time prior to acceptance. This also applies in the case of any error or inaccuracy in respect of the goods or services, any description applied to the goods or services, the availability of the goods or services, or the order itself.
Availability of Goods
1. All goods advertised for sale on our site are subject to availability. If an item is found to be out of stock we will inform you by e-mail or by telephone and offer you a revised delivery time or a full refund, whichever you, the customer chooses. It is imperative you input your correct contact details for just such a scenario.
2. We will not charge you for goods that we cannot supply or have discontinued. We will not be responsible for any damage or losses that you may suffer if we fail to supply goods.
3. We have attempted to display the goods on the site as accurately and fairly as possible but are subject to the available reproduction techniques. Please note that some goods may vary slightly from those displayed as we reserve the right to make ongoing changes to our products.
4. The prices displayed on our site are correct at the time of display. However we reserve the right to alter prices from time to time without notice.
5. We make every effort to maintain prices but these may be subject to variations caused by factors beyond our control.
6. The RRP prices displayed are inclusive of VAT at the current standard rate. VAT is charged on all sales to customers located within the UK or within another member state of the European Community.
7. By placing your order you confirm that you agree to use your correct name and address and to supply any other details reasonably requested.
7a. By placing an order you agree to accept delivery of your order. You further agree that you will be liable for a charge of £20.00 for items that were refused, not accepted or collected by you and subsequently returned back to us.
8. We accept payment by Visa/MasterCard or any other credit card or debit card identified on our site.
9. Credit and charge card payments are subject to validation and authorisation by the card issuer and we will not be liable for any non-delivery or delay if a card issuer refuses to authorise payment.
9a. If a payment is dishonoured the relevant authorities will be informed and you will be liable to pay all additional bank costs and legal costs.
10. You may also pay for goods by sterling cheque drawn on a UK clearing Bank but the goods will not be dispatched until the cheque has cleared.
10a. If a cheque is dishonoured the relevant authorities will be informed and you will be liable to pay all additional bank costs and legal costs.
11. Transmission of your debit or credit card number and other details in relation to payment will be at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility or liability for failures in transmission of information deletion, non-delivery or failure to store any communications by you.
12. Nothing in these terms and conditions is to be taken to exclude or restrict rights granted to you by law in respect of goods supplied. Some goods may be the subject of additional warranties or guarantees given by their manufacturers direct to you.
13. We do not accept responsibility for damage to goods caused by you.
14. We will not be liable to any person for damage or loss arising from the use of goods advertised on our site.
15. Without prejudice to your statutory rights the information contained in this site is provided without warranty and in particular we do not represent or warrant that the information is accurate, complete or current or that the use of this site will be uninterrupted or error free.
16. We will not be responsible for claims relating to the availability of our range, our ecommerce engine, our website, place of purchase or the success or level of sales resulting from these.
Dispatch of Goods
17. We will deliver the goods to the name and address, which you have given us at the time you make your purchase, within 14 days (subject to availability). The recipient is responsible for any tariffs, taxes, and customs fees at time of delivery. If you refuse delivery after it reaches its final destination, if you refuse to pay tariffs and taxes, or if you are unavailable for delivery after a certain number of attempts, you will be responsible for any import tariffs, taxes and shipping and handling fees incurred to send the shipment back to the United Kingdom, as well as any restocking fees that may be applicable.
18. We will endeavour to ensure that the goods are delivered by any delivery date estimated by us but we cannot guarantee that goods will be delivered by that date. You agree that we will not be liable to you for any loss, damage or charge incurred because of the late delivery of goods.
19. The risk of damage to the goods passes to you once they are delivered to the address specified in your instructions.
Returns and Exchanges
20. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it at your own expense & risk, within 30 days of receipt in its original unworn & re-saleable condition. Labels and swing tags must not have been removed, the item must not have been used or adulterated in any way and the item should be free of odour. We will refund the product price only, minus any postage charges originally paid. You can expect to be refunded in the same form of payment originally used for the purchase. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
20a. Any returns from International customers must be clearly marked as "Returned Goods" and specified as such on any customs declarations. Failure to do so will result in import duty, administration charges and VAT being mistakenly applied to your shipment. We are not responsible for and will not pay any outstanding customs charges and will refuse any such shipment resulting in your parcel being returned to you.
21. If you wish to exchange then you will need to return the item at your own expense & risk, within 30 days of receipt in its original unworn & re-saleable condition. Labels and swing tags must not have been removed, the item must not have been used or adulterated in any way and the item should be free of odour. You will be required to pay any price differences and a subsidised postage charge for the return to you of £5.00 - for UK based customers/addresses only. Overseas customers must pay the same rate for P&P they paid for the original order. The correct amount must be paid at the time of your request to exchange, and is payable by cash, credit card, postal order or cheque made payable to Exitlight Ltd. 20a. also applies to exchanges.
22. In the unlikely event you have received an incorrect or faulty item, please return it with labels and swing tags still attached. Once received, we will send out a replacement at no cost to you. We will also refund you up to the value of £6.00 towards your return postage to us.
22. On delivery you must inspect the goods and notify us in writing within 5 working days of any shortages, errors or damage. If you fail to do so it will be deemed the goods were accepted by you, the buyer.
23. Any failure by us to enforce any of these terms and conditions will not affect our right to enforce the rest of those terms and conditions.
24. These terms and conditions may be subject to change at any time without prior notice to you.
25. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use your information lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We may e-mail you in the future to keep you informed about our products but will not disclose buyers information to third parties, except for delivery purposes. We do not store or have access to your credit/debit card details. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. Cookies are used on this site, but only to keep track patterns of behaviour and to maintain the contents of your shopping cart. Data collected by this site is used to:
a. Take and fulfil customer orders
b. Administer and enhance the site and service
c. Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes
This website and its content is copyright of Exitlight Ltd
The reproduction, redistribution or unauthorised use of any part of this website or its contents in any form is strictly prohibited.
© Exitlight Ltd (2004 - 2019)